Sunday, March 2, 2008

OH-6 Cayuse

That's right! I've finally figured out how to mod airplanes!

Tampering with ground objects made me realise I could do the same with airplanes, and by having some good looks at DNM's and SRF's, together with the awesome tutorial available on YS Pilots, I was able to mod Jin's OH-6 Helicopter.

Photobucket

He'd already made a frame with solid windows, in the shape of an MD-500 Defender, which is a later version of the Cayuse. The OH-6 has always been one of my favourite helicopters, as well as the great AH-6 Littlebird (modelled by CEP), so this would be a good simple try out to see how to mod. And it's suprisingly straight forward once you've got the hang of it!

Photobucket

Basically I changed the tailfins, which is easy, and added a cockpit. The cockpit I got from the AH-6 littlebird, and I had to just fit it in the frame, together with slightly altering the pilots, and colours. Then I had to add the transparent windows of course, which was explained in the tutorial.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, it doesn't have any markings yet, but later releases will. Also I am already well underway with 2 gunship versions, which will be released soon. These will have improved cockpits as well.

I have started another project I am doing simultaneously, which I won't reveal too much about, except that it's also a Vietnam era Forward Air Controller. Very exciting stuff (for me at last... My girlfriend is starting to really dislike my newfound hobby, since I tend to forget the whole world around me while working on my projects).

For now anyway, have fun with the
OH-6 Cayuse:
http://www.4shared.com/file/39923043/f8f2f9bd/cayuse.html


Photobucket

No comments: